We will show you how to lớn install PHP 7 on CentOS 7. PHP is a server-side scripting language used for web development. Recently, the PHP development team announced that the major PHP 7 series has been released and it will become available to lớn the website developers. Installing PHP 7 on CentOS 7 is an easy task, just carefully follow the steps below. Installing PHP 7 on CentOS 7, is fairly easy task if you carefully follow our tutorial below. The Installation of PHP 7 on CentOS 7 should take less then 15 minutes.
Bạn đang xem: How to install php 7
PHP 7 comes with numerous new & improved features. One of the most noticeable is the new Zend Engine version. Also, other important improvements are the enhanced performance và significantly reduced memory usage. Thus, PHP 7 can be up lớn twice as fast as PHP 5.6.
Table of Contents
1. Login via SSH & update the system software
To install PHP 7 on an CentOS VPS, you need khổng lồ login to your hệ thống via SSH. Once you are logged in, update all your system software khổng lồ the latest version using the command below:
2. địa chỉ cửa hàng the required repositories lớn yumOnce the update of your system is completed, you can go ahead and địa chỉ cửa hàng the required repositories to lớn yum.
Xem thêm: Php - Oop Access Modifiers
rpm -Uvh https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpmrpm -Uvh https://mirror.webtatic.com/yum/el7/webtatic-release.rpm
3. Install PHP 7Now, install PHP 7 using the following command:
yum install php70w
4. Verify the PHP 7 installationThe installation should take a few moments. Once it is completed, you can ensure that the latest stable release of PHP 7 is installed on your system by using the command:
php -vYou should see something lượt thích this:
5. Search all available PHP 7 modulesIf you lượt thích to search all the available PHP 7 modules you can use khổng lồ command:
yum tìm kiếm php70w
6. Install specific PHP 7 moduleTo install specific PHP 7 modules like the module that allows PHP applications khổng lồ use MySQL databases, you can use the command below:
yum install php70w-mysql
7. Test PHP 7 functionalityTo thử nghiệm the functionality of PHP 7 on your CentOS VPS you can create a simple PHP info file và place it in your web server’s document root. Navigate khổng lồ your website server’s document root:
cd /var/www/html/Create a PHP info tệp tin using nano:
nano info.phpPaste the following nội dung into that file:
Save the file and close it. Also, change the ownership of the file and make Apache the owner of that file:
chown apache: info.php
8. Restart Apache ServerDo not forget lớn restart your Apache web hệ thống if you haven’t restarted it yet so the installation changes can take effect:
systemctl restart httpdThe last thing is khổng lồ access the tệp tin using a web browser. Xuất hiện your favorite website browser and navigate to lớn the following address:
http://220.127.116.11/info.phpOf course, we are using the IP address 18.104.22.168 for testing purposes only, so you should make sure that you are using your actual server’s IP address. You should see a page with the current PHP information such as version, compilation options, extensions, loaded configuration files, etc.
Of course, you don’t have to install PHP 7 on CentOS 7, if you use one of our PHP hosting services, in which case you can simply ask our expert Linux admins lớn install PHP 7 on CentOS 7 for you. They are available 24×7 and will take care of your request immediately. You can also consider reading how lớn install PHP 7.2 on CentOS 7 or how to install PHP 7.3 on CentOS 7.
PS. If you liked this post, on how to install PHP 7 on CentOS 7, please nội dung it with your friends on the social networks using the buttons on the left or simply leave a reply below. Thanks.